Summer is fast approaching, and there’s no better place to spend it than in Festival Country! Whether you’re trying to beat the heat or enjoy time off from school or work, we’ve got you covered.
Cool off at one of our aquatic centers
- This beautiful outdoor pool has slides that provide the whole family with fun. Their longest slide is 140 feet long!
- This pool has everything you could ever dream of. With a 196-foot slide, a zero-depth pool, a play structure, a giant dump bucket and water basketball, you’ll never get bored.
- The 205-foot slide isn’t the only thing this pool has. The pool also offers a lazy river, a lap pool, cabanas, Adult Nights and much more.
• Splash Pads – Greenwood and Franklin
- Need some cooling off on a hot day but don’t want to get completely soaked? Stopping by one of our splash pads is the perfect solution. The City Center Park splash pad in Greenwood and the Franklin spray pad at Youngs Creek Park are open now.
Learn opening dates here.
Taste a refreshing treat
- This unique stop is calling your name with its delicious build-your-own frozen yogurt. Take a cup and fill it as much as you want with any flavor and add your own toppings to it.
- This family-owned business is the best of both worlds, offering throwback candy and 25 different flavors of ice cream. They were recently named a Top 10 Candy Shop in Indiana.
- Soak up the sun while enjoying delicious ice cream from Mrs. Curls on their outdoor patio. They have anything from soft serve and milkshakes to grill items.
- Already been here? Don’t worry, with over 100 flavors to try there’s bound to be something you haven’t tasted yet.
- Newly opened, this shop has an array of sweet treats you’ll love. Whether you want Dole Whip, slushies, snow cones or smoothies, this place has it all. You won’t be disappointed with their flavor options, either!
- Located in Greenwood and Franklin, Ritter’s is home to fresh frozen custard, Italian ice and other frozen treats.
Get the scoop on other frozen treats here.
Escape the heat with indoor fun
- This bowling facility has it all! With mini bowling, an arcade and a bar, you’ll find something for everyone. Looking for traditional bowling? Check out Hi-Way Lanes, also in Franklin.
- Do you want somewhere to go where the whole family will have fun? This restaurant gives families a sports bar setting along with arcade games and multi-player virtual reality attractions.
- Franklin’s own roller-skating rink provides families with entertainment all year long. They offer anything from private lessons, private parties, and general skating opportunities.
- While this is an indoor and outdoor family fun park, there are multiple activities to do indoors to help you cool down. Families can ride the indoor go-karts and bumper cars, play mini bowling, and play in the large arcade. If you’d rather soak up the sun, there’s more fun outside.
- Need a way to stay indoors but still get all of your energy out? Stop by the adventure park and compete in the warrior obstacle course, try the climbing walls and more.
- Show off your skills with your friends and family. This location is designed to be family friendly and all about making sure participants have fun. Two other great axe throwing spots are Hoosier Brewing Co. and Outer Edge Axe Lounge.